Friday, June 10, 2011

Strapless Bras



Oh, the quest for a great-fitting strapless bra that lifts and supports. Oh, the failed attempts, the trips back to the store to return a bra that started out fine and ended up just above my belly button. Years ago I gave up even trying on dresses or tops that required a strapless bra. I would watch small-breasted friends wear tank tops and camisoles without a care in the world.

Then a buxom friend told me with great enthusiasm about her new strapless bra. Of course I could not wait to give it a try. Imagine my disappointment when the bra she loved was out of stock in my size. My determination was fired up though, so I headed to Purrmission.

There I tried on my friend's bra, by Fantasie. It fit okay, but it cut into my ribs. As if a strapless bra is not already uncomfortable by definition! Undeterred, the helpful saleswoman suggested I try a strapless bra by Marie Jo (one of my very favorite lingerie brands). When I put it on, I felt fantastic, as if I were wearing a regular Marie Jo bra. I then walked around the store, and the bra stayed up; there was no downward drift. Eureka!

So, do not despair. The right strapless bra is out there for you, just in time for this summer's breezy styles.




No comments: