Monday, March 21, 2011

A Wedding




There were so many things I loved about the wedding my husband and I just attended. (I did not love discovering a hole in my dress, however, right before we were leaving. But that will be a different blog post.) The guests were put at ease by the couple's obvious joy and contentment.

Of course I noticed the uniquely dressed bridesmaids and groomsmen immediately. I loved how each woman wore a distinctive dress, while keeping with the wedding colors of navy and teal with golden and hot pink accents. Each bridesmaid looked lovely in a dress that suited her style and figure.

The bride wore a beautiful, vintage, simple raw silk dress in a muted blush tone. I loved how her feet were encased in bright teal suede pumps. Since the wedding, I learned that the dress was her mother's, last worn in 1961! She did make some alterations, such as shortening the dress and sleeve lengths. Another change was adding a sash to elongate the torso. During her parent's 50th anniversary year, the bride had made the dress her own.

The groom wore a dashing dark gray suit with a smart paisley tie. The groomsmen also wore suits of varying color and styles; what tied their look together was that they all wore pink shirts. The entire wedding party looked elegant and self-assured in their clothing.

If you are getting married, remember that it is your day. Your bridesmaids do not have to wear matching dresses that do their figure no favors; your groomsmen don't need to wear stiff tuxedos. And you can wear a dress you love, a dress that expresses your personality.



No comments: