Friday, January 14, 2011

E-Bay




I've never been an E-Bay person. Sure, I've popped onto the site once in awhile when I've become obsessed with a certain garment or shoe I cannot justify paying retail for. But I rarely think of myself as an E-Bay stalker. That is until I discovered Anyi Lu shoes.

I described in a past post my love affair with the brown wedges I saw and then coveted at Souliers in Montecito. Soon I began perusing E-Bay about once a month, looking for those sublime shoes. Alas, no one was willing to give hers up, but someone was selling a pair of Anyi Lu black pumps that were just lovely. I considered my other black pumps: One is outdated and a bit shabby, and the others (Louboutins from a consignment store) are beautiful but not comfortable. Once I convinced myself that I needed the Anyi Lu shoes, it was mere moments until I had bid on them and got them. They were only $100!

The moral of the story here is: Shop with purpose and a vision, and you can get what you want--sometimes for a deal!

No comments: