Sunday, January 23, 2011

Farewell to Skinny Jeans?




Not so fast. Though spring fashion will bring flare and bell-bottom jeans to the forefront, it looks like skinny jeans are now here to stay. Click here to read more.

Like any trend, adopt it if it suits you and your lifestyle. I finally got a couple of pairs of skinny jeans, but they take some planning to wear. They require certain shoes, boots, tops, and I really have to be in the mood for them. On the other hand, I can put on my straight or slightly boot cut jeans on any day and feel just great. They go with any top and shoe and make getting dressed a snap. Bell bottoms have the potential to make my 5' 4" height even shorter. I won't say I'll never wear them, but I will be cautious about this denim trend. Style Bakery offers some tips on how to wear the wide-legged style.

P.S. The photo of Farrah Fawcett is from one of my very favorite Charlie's Angels episodes. I remember my brother and I howling with laughter while we watched Jill Monroe navigate obstacles on her skateboard.

No comments: