Saturday, October 17, 2009

Full Disclosure

The ever-brilliant Wild Web Women at Web Marketing Therapy are always passing along useful, timely information. This week I learned "that effective 12-1-09, the FTC is mandating that bloggers must disclose payments for endorsements."

Since I started my blog, I have been asked more than once if I am paid by businesses when I make a comment about them. Though I sometimes fantasize about Boden sending me boxes of free clothing, I have never been paid (monetarily or in merchandise) for my endorsements. By remaining a free agent, I remain honest. Thus, when I say that I love something I've seen at Saks, or I think a certain book is terrific, you can be assured that I mean it. Of course I do get paid by Patty Montana when I work there on Fridays, but I write about the store or its products without any extra payment.

No comments: