Monday, October 5, 2009

Color!

After switching out my wardrobe recently, from warm to cool weather clothing, I made note of what colors I like. My wardrobe is filled with a lot of blue, gray, black, and white. In the last couple of years, I have gravitated toward dark brown and green, and I've always liked purple and pink. So how will I (or won't I) include THE colors for this fall?

This is a question we should all ask ourselves before hitting the stores. Yes, there will be a lot of gray and purple out there which makes me happy. But those colors don't do much for my friend Stacy or my mom. Fortunately, olive green, honey yellow, and burnt sienna will be out in force as well for those who look better in colors with a yellow (as opposed to blue) undertone. Do yourself a favor and hold the color you are considering up to your face, preferably in natural light, before committing to buying it. Tights and bangles are a great way to bring in a fun new color that may not flatter your complexion.

As a reminder, here are the colors you will see a lot of in the stores now:
Blue-reds, fuchsias, and soft pinks.
Purple, cobalt, teal, and emerald
Gray (Seek a heather or oatmeal gray if blue-gray doesn't suit you)
Metallics (gold, silver, and bronze) I am glad this shimmery trend has lasted!

No comments: