Friday, June 5, 2009

Cruising Longs

I could spend hours in CVS (formerly Longs) in Goleta. I like the store's wide, well-lit aisles, its vast inventory of products from Burt's Bees and other natural brands, the fun foods (amazing, very tasty eggplant relish in a jar), and all of the things I do not realize I need until I am there, cruising. I know a lot of people get this same little high from shopping at Costco, but I just get cranky and overwhelmed there.

Today a couple of friends and I passed some time at CVS. It was an educational experience. My friend, Sofi, was a font of information about cosmetics and natural beauty products. She knew almost as much as the wonderful woman who is in charge of that section.

After the makeup and haircare aisles, Sofi, Sunny, and I looked at toys, office supplies (one of my favorite aisles), and of course the stationery aisle. We were a bit rushed so could not cover the entire store.

While we were there I thought of one of my clever Wardrobe Wisdom clients. She always buys novelty purses at CVS. Of course they only last for one or two seasons at most, but they are trendy so it doesn't matter. Without fail her handbags and clutches are stylish and add some zing to her outfits. So when you have exhausted your search for bags at Ross and Payless, I suggest you hit CVS. See you there!

No comments: