Sunday, June 28, 2009

Men and Hair

My friend Lisa and I spent a terrific day at the LA Farmers Market and the nearby Grove. For a mid-afternoon break, we drank delicious slushy tea drinks while sitting in the sun. At the table next to us were two dudes in their late 20s. They were casually dressed and did not strike me as particularly fashion conscious. So imagine my surprise when another 20-something man walked by the guys' table, turned around, walked back, and asked one of the men if he could "take a photo of your hair with my phone since my stylist totally screwed up last time. I want hair like yours." Lisa and I were incredulous! At the same time, we gave the guy points for owning up to a bad cut and wanting to do something about it. My own husband just whines about his awful haircuts until they grow out.

I think it is a great idea to ask people where they get their hair cut, where they buy their clothing, and what stores they like. Inspiration for dressing well (and not so well!) is all around us. Learning the resources of those whose style we admire can be enlightening and useful.

No comments: