Monday, June 22, 2009

What Shall I Wear Today?

Clearly this is not the most crucial question facing people around the globe. Other matters are far more pressing. However, since this is a wardrobe blog, I will pursue the topic of getting dressed on a daily basis.

This morning I opened my closet and stood there for 5 minutes, weighing my options. Looking outside at the gray, cool day, I imagined being cold in one of my cute summer skirts and tops. My fallback choice is jeans but they seemed too heavy for a June day. So I did something I've heard other women do: I chose an accessory and worked from there. This was a splendid solution to my dilemma.

Years ago I found a very cool belt at Melange Boutique. It is dark brown with a largish round silver buckle. The buckle is decorated with silver and blue. . . Oh heck, I will just take a picture of it.

Once I had chosen the belt, the rest of my outfit fell into place. I threw on a brown short sleeve v-neck T-shirt, my white jeans, and light brown wedge sandals. Since it was a bit nippy out, I topped my outfit with a denim jacket, too. Now that was easy!

No comments: