Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Pre-Holiday Preparation



Today I spent an hour at my local Michaels craft store. I keep saying I am not ready for the holidays, but I enjoyed the (artificial) smells of cinnamon and pine, and had fun looking at the decorations. This led me to thoughts of upcoming events and what I would be wearing. The only new, sparkly thing I've added to my wardrobe is a rhinestone necklace. In fact, I got rid of a number of velvet skirts and pants this fall so have fewer holiday clothing options.

Now is a good time to look through your closet and think about special evenings or parties in the next few weeks. What can you wear? What jewelry, shoes, and hair accessories can make your outfits festive? Make a list of what you need and start shopping for those items or asking friends if you can borrow them. Thrift stores and consignment stores have a super selection of sparkly accessories and clothing at the moment.

Men, do you have a suit that fits? A nice dress shirt and shoes? A good belt? If not, get shopping! Last minute, panicked shopping is never a good idea.

No comments: