Thursday, November 5, 2015

Narrowing Things Down



Image credit: thepioneerwoman.com

My oldest daughter is a high school junior and so there is a lot of college talk around our house these days. We discuss the importance of knowing what she is looking for after graduation. What is equally important is knowing what she does not want in a college.  The process of narrowing down a list of likes and dislikes will save us a lot of time visiting schools.

Are there some fabrics or colors you simply do not like? I've learned that I like collarless silk blouses best. So while I can appreciate different tops, I know I will not enjoy them in the long term so I don't waste time considering them or trying them on.

Make a list of things you love about your current clothes and what you don't. Get rid of clothing that matches up with the descriptions on your "don't" list, and use the other list to guide you to wiser shopping.

No comments: