Monday, September 22, 2014

Ongoing List

Image Credit: blogs.cornell.edu


I'm a big believer in lists, whether they for tasks at home or at work, or for things that I need to pick up at Trader Joe's. I also have a list of voids in my closet that I would like to fill. These are not clothing, shoes or accessories which I need immediately; rather, they are a few timeless items I want to choose carefully with the intention of wearing them for many years. This list is not very short so most of it remains in my head. In this way, I can be on the lookout for the items any time I shop.

My list served me well when I was checking out a store I had not ventured into for many years. Remember my black blazer ordeal? Well, I had not really giving up on finding this particular garment, and was super happy to find a rather perfect one a couple of weeks ago. If I had not kept that item on my ongoing list, I would not have looked for it that day. Do you have such a list? If not, look in your closet, think of some basic items that would help you create complete outfits,  and write them down. Then have this list with you when you shop.

No comments: