Monday, September 1, 2014

This May Be a Good Read



I listened to this story on NPR over the weekend,  "If These Shorts Could Talk. . . New Book Tells 'Worn Stories.'" In the book, author "Emily Spivack compiles reflections from Rosanne Cash, Piper Kerman, Marcus Samuelsson and others about the meaningful articles of clothing stored in their closets."

When I work with clients, I get to hear a lot of stories about their clothing and accessories. Some stories are funny, many of them are sad, and all of them give me insight into their history and outlook on life. What do your favorite, "worn" clothes say about you?

Pictured above are, inexplicably, one my favorite pairs of shorts. I have had them for at least 10 years and wear them happily each summer. They're from Old Navy.

No comments: