Monday, June 16, 2014

Thank You, 9 West

Image Credit: sallyjanevintage.blogspot.com

Sometimes I do not heed my own advice. Several months ago I purchased some shoes I thought were ideal. They are wedges (I tend to wobble in other shoes) with a 2 1/2" heel, perfect for work. These black peep toe shoes went great with my pencil skirts and dresses. However, they pinched my bunion, leaving me in agony most of the day. Did I return them or have them stretched? No. I just let them languish in my closet.

Then my fashion-savvy friend at work suggested I take them to Nordstrom on my next trip to Paseo Nuevo, where they would happily stretch any shoe. That very week I headed to Paseo Nuevo; since the 9 West store is steps from Nordstrom, I thought I'd check to see if they could help me first. A friendly young man in the store stretched my shoes while I did a little shopping. When I returned, the shoe felt so much better. He told me I could bring any shoe in, not just the 9 West brand, and they would stretch it at no charge.

Wardrobe Wisdom tip of the day: Go to 9 West so you can wear those shoes you've been avoiding!

This will be my last post for a bit since my family and I are traveling in Europe for a month. I will try to check in and will, of course, post any photos of extraordinary fashions I see. I'm sure I will have some Wardrobe Wisdom to share with you when I return in mid-July.

No comments: