Saturday, June 7, 2014

T-Shirt Quest

George Clooney looks quite perfect in his T-shirt (image credit: listal.com)

When my husband and I first began dating, he expressed shock and some alarm at how many white T-shirts I owned. I repeatedly explained how I wore them all the time and therefore needed multiple ones, and how they were timeless and made me feel good without fail. We have been together over 20 years now, and he finally understands my T-shirt love. Or at least he no longer questions it.

He also understands my frustration in my quest for the perfect T-shirt, knowing I have purchased some losers over the years.  Ones I have liked are from the Gap, Boden, Anthropologie, and Allen Allen. This piece in the Wall Street Journal shows that I am not alone in my love and search for this iconic American garment. It also sheds some light on why certain T-shirts cost over $100. Some even cost over $200! To me, that is pretty alarming.

No comments: