Monday, June 9, 2014

Shorts, Short Shorts, and Longer Shorts

Photo Credit: stylebakery.com


When my 15-year old tells me that everyone is wearing super short shorts but that I must not even think about wearing them (not that I want to!), I point out a few things. One is that I think a person's bottom hanging out of the shorts, no matter how great of shape the person is in, is unattractive. I also think there are two appropriate settings for wearing such shorts: the pool or the beach. I also think a woman over 40 wearing tiny shorts is just kind of sad. I am fairly certain she no longer hears my voice when I start on this topic. 

I like all 3 shorts pictured here, and think they would look terrific on different women. The first are for the 20 and under crowd. They are short and sassy but not ridiculously short. The bottom would be fully covered!  The second seem ideal for a woman 40 and under and a 40+ woman with lovely legs. The baggy third ones are for super casual days on a woman of any age who is wearing a more fitted top. And the last ones are for the 40+ crowd. Yes, I am just full of ideas about shorts.


No comments: