Monday, May 5, 2014

Bathing Suit Bliss

Photo Image: Creative Commons

Let's see a show of hands for how many of you love shopping for bathing suits? Just as I thought: close to zero. Still, there are more bathing suit styles available than ever, and no matter your size or shape, there is a swimsuit out there for you. But who is to say that a bathing suit is any different than any other garment bought off the rack? A little tailoring handiwork by an expert can change your bathing suit into something mediocre into something fabulous!

At the end of the summer last year I purchased a bikini I'd been eyeing for months but was too cheap to buy. When I finally decided to purchase it on sale, it was not my size but sort of fit. I wore it once or twice, but did not feel all that great in it.

Then my friend told me about the remarkable Stacey Brown, a Santa Barbara swimwear virtuoso. I picked up my altered suit on Friday and it fits PERFECTLY. Nothing pulls or sags, nothing pokes or makes me look weird. I learned that Stacey makes custom suits which seems like a very worthwhile indulgence.  I am thrilled with her and her work and want to pass on her contact information:
sbbikini@cox.net
805-452-3267

No comments: