Friday, May 16, 2014

Colliding Worlds

Photo Credit: RuthReichl.com

I love it when two of my passions--food and clothing--come together. So imagine my delight when Ruth Reichl's latest blog post appeared in my inbox this week. In case you did not know, Reichl is a former food critic for the New York Times and the Los Angeles Times, the editor-in-chief of Gourmet magazine (during its last years), and a brilliant writer. I've enjoyed her memoirs, such as Garlic and Saphires, and just last night was reading all about her first novel, Delicious!.

Anyway, in this post Reichl let readers in on how she packed for her current book tour. I like how she stuck with a color scheme and that we have the same Uniqlo puffer jacket! Now "savvy packer" can be added to her long list of skills. If you have the opportunity to hear Reichl speak on this book tour, GO! I saw her give a talk at UCSB a few years ago and she was terrific--a real, charming storyteller.

No comments: