Friday, February 28, 2014

Role Models





When I work with a new Wardrobe Wisdom client, I ask if she has any style role models. Most of the time a name or two quickly rolls off her tongue. Then I try to find out what it is she admires about the person's style: the clothing, the outfits, the accessories, how it all goes together, the overall look?

Sofia Coppola is one of my style role models. I like how she looks put together and polished in an understated, not fussy way. I pay attention to what she wears and what clothes flatter her and why. When I am shopping, I think about what Sofia would like and try to see the clothes through her eyes as well as mine.

Whose style to you admire? Give this some thought and then take some time to consider what you like about their look. This is a way to identify and stretch the boundaries of your own style.

No comments: