Friday, February 7, 2014

Thank You Chic 8th Grader

Photo Credit: Forever21

I complimented a student the other day on her very cute leather jacket. It was just the simple, stylish kind I had been seeking for a long time. Imagine my surprise when she told me it was from Forever 21, a store that likes embellishments. Then imagine my dismay when she told me it was from a few years ago. Darn it! 

Over the years, I have gone back and forth about leather jackets. Yes, they can look so chic and complete myriad ensembles. Yet the ones I like tend to be out of my price range. I also must remember that when I finally purchased "the perfect" jacket a number of years ago, I quickly tired of it and ended up giving it to a friend. 

However, talking to this student opened my eyes. Maybe I needed to find a good-looking, inexpensive jacket to fill a cool void in my closet without blowing my budget. I went to Forever 21 and perused the teen sections of local department stores. And I scored! Now I wear my simple, soft, gray faux leather jacket at least twice a week. It looks great and was less than $100. 

No comments: