Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Patience, Patience


Image Credit: enwikipedia.org

Would it have killed me to wait a week for a belt in my proper size? No, of course not. But I rushed in and out of a nearby store recently, thrilled about my new belt (reversible! blue and gray!), and ignoring the fact that it was a bit big. "Are you sure this is your size?" the saleswoman asked as she was preparing to cut off the tags. "Yes. I tried it on," I answered. I had, but I was using the last hole and a big flap was left over at the end. Nonetheless, I put the belt on, walked out of the store on a buyer's high. Only later, when I got home and tried the belt on with other pants, did I realize I needed a different size. Had I taken my time in the store, I am sure I would have realized this and could have placed an order for it here and then. The lesson here is to take your time before you make a purchase. 

No comments: