Tuesday, June 18, 2013

A Play

Image Credit: Daryl Roth Licensing's website

Last week I was fortunate to attend a small reader's theater-style performance of the late Nora Ephron's and her sister Delia Ephron's play, "Love, Loss, and What I Wore." This special event was in support of the Santa Barbara Breast Cancer Resource Center.

According to Daryl Roth Theatrical Licensing, ""Love, Loss, and What I Wore' is based on the best-seller by Ilene Beckerman as well as the recollections of the Ephrons’ friends.  The show uses clothing and accessories and the memories they trigger to tell funny and often poignant stories that all women can relate to, creating one of the most enduring theatergoing experiences domestically and overseas." There were many, many insights and stories I could relate to, and from the enthusiastic responses of the other audience members, I found I was not alone.

In short, this play is an excellent example of a common Wardrobe Wisdom theme: What we wear is important and says a lot about who we are.

No comments: