Thursday, June 28, 2012

French Man






During a lovely afternoon spent in the Champagne region, we chatted with Laurence's mom's friend, Edith, and her dashing son, Renaud. Once he heard about Wardrobe Wisdom, he rushed to tell me all about the bespoke shirts he loves from Alsace. My cousin, Gina, had remarked on the interesting double collared shirt he wore, which led him to show me a number of other shirts by the same maker. Ooh la la--what I do in the name of research.

By the way, it is always challenging to try and explain my work to Europeans. They cannot imagine paying someone to do something they do naturally--dress and shop--with panache. Once I tell them about the struggles women and men face when trying to navigate stores and trends in the U.S., they seem to understand, sort of.

1 comment:

Calla Gold said...

I love that you tell us about Renaud and how he feels about your profession.
Interesting. And I like that you understand that stores don't necessarily carry what we wish to wear.