Saturday, April 21, 2012

Shopping Santa Barbara--6




This week I spent some time in Montecito, checking out a couple of places I had been meaning to investigate for awhile. My first stop was Matti & Me, a consignment shop selling high end, luxury brand clothing, shoes, jewelry, handbags, and hats. I met the friendly owner, Matti Bourgault, who reminded me that, "A portion of the store's profit is donated to select humanitarian non-profits of the customer's choice." Nice.

The inventory was pretty darn fabulous--from Manolo Blahnik shoes to a Valentino blazer. The pricing was not so fabulous; it seemed a big steep for consignment.

I popped into the highly touted Malia Mills and was surprised to find not only bathing suits and coverups, but terrifically chic sandals and clothing as well. Let me get this out of the way first: The bathings suits are expensive, starting at $150. But they are also original, super stylish, and the fit is incomparable. Major kudos to this company's for embracing women of all shapes and sizes. The website and photos in the store feature normal looking, non-skeletal models. Thank you!

Image from Malia Mills website

No comments: