Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Get Over It




I entered Purrmission Lingerie yesterday, intending to buy some panties (Hanky Panky lace thongs are on sale for $15 this month!) and some Forever New laundry detergent. I walked out with these two things as well as a bra.

Did I need a bra? Yes, but I am not my regular size right now, and I have been reluctant to invest in something that would only fit temporarily. However, once I began explaining my rationale for not making a bra purchase to Purrmission's owner, I realized I sounded like some of my shopping- adverse clients. So many women tell me they are on a diet; therefore, they do not want to buy anything until they lose weight. At the same time, they do not want to get rid of any of the clothing that is already loose on them because they may gain the weight back. In short, they are choosing to wear ill-fitting and thus unflattering clothing while they are dieting. Is this motivating in any way? No! What I tell them, and what I told myself the other day, is that wearing pieces that fit NOW will make me feel good and look good.

No comments: