Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Keeping It Simple

I have been working with someone recently who is simplifying her life in many ways. She has decided to purge almost all of her existing clothing and is now wearing only two colors. At first I was taken aback--most women want more and more clothes and balk at the idea of limiting themselves in any way.

The more I get to know this woman, the more I have come to admire her. She has learned that having a simplified wardrobe makes getting dressed effortless. Every piece coordinates with every other piece. She has beautiful taste and appreciates quality; therefore what she has chosen fits her well and will last.

Am I ready to whittle down my color and clothing choices? Not to the extent that this woman has, but I find myself thinking more about what I need versus what I want. Do I admire how her style has evolved? Absolutely. Her wardrobe reflects who she is currently and it suits her lifestyle well. Can we all learn from her clear vision and keen eye? Yes!

No comments: