Tuesday, February 3, 2009

How Do I Look?

It is important to shop with someone who knows your taste, budget, and style. When these qualities are not present, shopping can become frustrating and a waste of time.

Of course shopping with a good pal can be a ball. However, if you consistently end up buying things with that friend that you don't wear, find another activity to do with her or him.

My friend Stacy, also known as the Serial Returner, is the perfect shopping pal for me. She lets me know when I look good, ridiculous, or if something does not fit properly. Even though our personal styles may differ, she knows what suits me and will bring clothing into the dressing room for me to try. Stacy is brilliant.

Another reliable source for fashion feedback and inspiration is my 7 year old daughter. I think this is called karma: I used to give my mom "helpful little fashion tips" all the time when I was growing up. Now my daughter will look me up and down, suggest different shoes or accessories, and will sometimes just point at an article of clothing and say, "No, it's just not right." The other morning I was heading off for an important presentation and could not decide which shoes to wear. I actually woke her up to get her opinion and she saved the day.

So think carefully before suggesting a serious shopping outing to just any friend. Bring along someone whom you can trust, who will steer you in the right direction, and will help you to look your best.

1 comment:

Mary Hershey said...

Hi, Lori!

LOL about your 7 year old daughter. Can I borrow her??

I loved meeting you at Lee's house! You are really talented at what you do!

I found that marvelous British magazine you recommended at the State Street Border's... Easy Living or Real Living. I'm blanking on it right now.
Love.It.Tons.

Anyway, thanks for the good advice. I've bookmarked your site and I'll be back. Can I link to your site from my blog?

I won a gift certificate for you at Lee's house. I'll be following up with you on that sometime. Can't wait!

Best,
Mary Hershey
www.maryhershey.com