Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Customer Service

Today Carter, from Samy's Camera in Santa Barbara, called to tell me my camera had arrived in the store and would be on hold until I could pick it up. I have been crazy busy lately and had forgotten that I had even ordered a camera.

Carter exemplifies outstanding customer service. He helped me navigate my way through the dozens of digital cameras, steering me away from ones that would not serve my purpose, and telling me honestly what the camera I liked best would and would not do well. He described the kind of camera I may want to invest in in the future, and why it would work great for taking photos of my girls dancing. He never pushed me into buying anything and let me take my time deciding. Not once did he seem impatient answering all of my questions or seem irritated by my concerns. He also spoke in simple, non-technical terms about the different aspects of the cameras.

I was very happy to purchase a camera from Carter and only wish all salespeople in Santa Barbara could be like him. Why can't they?

No comments: