Monday, November 17, 2008

A Lift

I was determined to get a new bra so I headed for Nordstrom where the saleswomen know how to measure and fit properly. Little did I know what a free gift I would receive that day.

I am partial to Wacoal and Chantelle bras since they offer both beauty and support. New bras are a critical purchase, and I buy at least two a year, tossing out my old ones. The Wacoal I thought needed replacing was less than a year old but was not doing the trick. I had begun to feel sort of saggy and sad by the end of the day.

In stepped the Nordstrom expert, who took one look at me, tightened my straps, and voila: I was a perky woman once again! It was a little anticlimactic as I had planned on buying an exquisite new bra and had found one that fit well. Yet it was nice to save my money for something else.

So ladies, before you get that new bra--and I am a huge proponent of getting fitted and outfitted at least once a year--adjust your straps first and see if it makes a difference. However, if this minor adjustment simply results in pulling the band up higher in the back and/or cutting into your shoulders, it is time to get a new bra.

No comments: