Thursday, November 13, 2008

Cielo Spa

Ah, the feeling of soft, pampered skin. It is something I touch daily when I am kissing my 7-year old daughter's cheek. My own cheek, not so much.

However, I have noticed that when I get a facial at Cielo Spa Boutique in Santa Barbara, my skin is noticeably healthier and softer. Roxanne Zbinden, owner of Cielo, creates a very warm and relaxing environment with a gentle manner and lovely decor.

She is experienced and knows a great deal about new products, especially ones that are organic. I listen to soft music, she responds when I speak to her but does not chatter, and she gives my face her full attention. I leave feeling calm and happy that I have done something good for my skin. (She is also great at waxing which is not quite as enjoyable but is necessary!)

A terrific outfit can only go so far to make you feel wonderful. Having beautiful skin is part of what makes a person shine.

No comments: