Monday, April 4, 2016

Perfection



Photo credit: Renaud's Patisserie and Bistro

When I eat something I like, I am the happiest person around. I savor each bite, insist others try it, smile contentedly, like the Cheshire Cat, and talk rapturously about it for days.  This happened the other night when my friend, Will, brought an exquisite chocolate cake from Renaud's for dessert at my house. It was absolutely perfect in every way: rich, yet light chocolate mousse sandwiched between layers of light chocolate sponge cake, enrobed in ganache. PERFECT.

How many things in your closet are perfect? Do your clothes fit just right? Do they go coordinate with other garments you own? Do they make you feel confident and comfortable? Understandably, it is too much to expect everything you own to be perfect, but you should not settle for things which are just okay. You don't need many clothes if each one works beautifully for you. I have a pair of gray sandals that are flawless: They are comfortable, are in a color that goes with most everything, and are in a simple style that looks great with dresses, skirts, jeans, and shorts. Such items become workhorses and are worth investing in.

No comments: