Wednesday, October 14, 2015

This Is Getting Old


Image credit: wardrobeoxygen.com


A couple of weeks ago I had dinner with some folks from Connecticut. They commented on our warm weather and how strange it must be to live in a place where it is summer year-round. I've heard this before from other people who were not raised in southern California, and I can understand what they mean. Still, there is a certain smell, a particular feel in the air in September that is different from  a summer day. Of course I cannot describe this feeling adequately and just end up telling people that I really enjoy the sunshine.

Even though I do love warm weather, these unusually hot weeks we have been experiencing in Santa Barbara are getting old. Imagine for a minute that you too work in a  non-air conditioned junior high school library. Now imagine hundreds of young, hormonal students coming in and out of the library each day. I am not painting an invitingly fragrant picture am I?

These hot, stuffy days make it challenging to figure out what to wear that is fall-ish but won't make me wither. Fortunately, I can turn to wardrobeoxygen.com for these helpful suggestions:

Simple switches to your wardrobe can offer maximum impact without changing your comfort level. Darker washes of denim, closed-toed shoes, brown and black leather shoes and accessories, switching pink lipstick for a dark berry, adding some lowlights to your hair, choosing darker colors and textured fabrics like suede and calf hair, adding a scarf or heavier/more solid of jewelry. Fall fashion is far more than cable knit and tweed; it’s easy to incorporate elements of this season’s fashion trends and still be comfortable no matter your environment.

No comments: