Friday, October 16, 2015

Standing Desk Fashion

Photo credit: biomorphdesk.com

When my older daughter asked me what jobs I have had over the years, my list was long and varied. I scooped ice cream, worked at a dry cleaners, was a gofer for a jeweler, taught English, was a salesperson in many clothing stores, waited tables. . . The job I have never had, in nearly 35 years of working, is a desk job. Now I learn that more and more people are finding it healthier to not sit at their desks, and are instead bouncing on large balls, using a treadmill while they use their computers,  or are using stand up desks. This trend reminds me an amusing account by A. J. Jacobs of his time writing while walking on a treadmill in his book Drop Dead Healthy: One Man's Humble Quest for Bodily Perfection (2012). Of course many are re-thinking their wardrobes for this new way of work. Go here to read an article on this topic.

No comments: