Thursday, December 18, 2014

Best Costume!



Last weekend my husband and I attended a holiday ugly sweater party. I guess these are quite popular now, but it was our first one. I borrowed a bright red cardigan with cheerful Christmas trees, snowmen, and reindeer appliqued to the hem. The sweater was festive, and I felt ridiculous which I guess is the whole idea.

As guests arrived, I noticed their sweaters and vests, adorned with all kinds of holiday motifs, sparkly sequins, and fancy embroidery. But my very favorite outfit was one I spotted from way across the room. At first I thought she had a bright green felt tree skirt around her neck but quickly dismissed this crazy thought.  When she came closer, however, I realized that she was wearing a tree skirt and I so wished I had thought of doing the same brilliant thing. She looked preposterous and hilarious and was the hit of the party!

No comments: