Friday, December 20, 2013

A Little Sparkle







Image Credits: JCrew

Sometimes I am flummoxed: Will this accessory or garment I want to wear make me look matronly? My fashion sense is evolving as I get older, and some things I used to love seem too young for me now while other things seem too mature. I wonder why Talbots speaks to me now, having not shopped there a few years ago. I tell myself it's because their offerings are more hip today, but it could just be that I am nearly 50. I am their demographic!

In any event, such thoughts went through my mind the other day when I pinned a sparkly brooch to my sweater. Do I look like a grandma? I wondered. Is this brooch beautiful or over the top? But I really like it and decided it made me feel festive and cheerful.  I wore it all day, smiling whenever I noticed someone taking note of it. Did any of the junior high kids comment on it? No, but that may be a good thing!

My point here is that if you have something in your wardrobe that makes you smile, for goodness sake wear it. Moreover,  it is definitely the time of year to wear things that sparkle and shine.

No comments: