Monday, September 30, 2013

Flowers--in Gardens and on Fabrics

Image Credit: Musee Christian Dior Collection, Granville


I've always liked florals. When I was a young girl, I relished going to the fabric store to choose what my mom would use for a pattern I had picked out. She and my grandma made me dresses, tops, skirts, and even pants, and most of the time I chose fabric with a flower print. Those were the days!

A recent exhibit in France showed how gardens influenced the designer Christian Dior: "Fashion historian Florence Muller gathered drawings, photographs and paintings by Manet, Monet, Renoir and others for an exhibition on Dior and Impressionism, at the Dior Museum in Granville, the designer's hometown."

One look at the photo above gives you an idea of Dior's attention to detail and his love of beauty found in nature.

No comments: