Monday, May 6, 2013

Taking Stock



This week I challenge you to do the following: Take 5 items that you truly love out of your closet. Look at them critically and write down what you like about them. For example, one of my favorite things is my gray and white striped maxi dress. I love its fit (how it just skims over me), how I can wear it by itself or with a sweater or jacket; that is works from spring through fall, and that it is super comfortable. I wore when I volunteered at last year's Bread and Roses event for the Fund for Santa Barbara. My husband Don and our good friends Don and Kathleen Scott are in the photo.

Once you have your list and reasons for liking those clothes (or shoes and/or accessories), refer to it before you set foot in a store. This list can serve as a reminder of what you like and why and can help prevent you from buying clothing that is destined to sit unworn in your closet.

No comments: