Friday, September 21, 2012

Short Boots




It sure took me a few years to get on board with this trend. Just last weekend I took the plunge, purchasing a pair of black suede booties (pictured). I plan to wear them with tights and dresses, leggings,  and with skinny jeans. What held me back for years was the how since I saw so many "what not to wear" examples of short boots on the street. However, the web came to the rescue, offering many tips and suggestions on how to pull off this style.

Style Bakery did a great piece on how to wear them when they first started showing up a few years ago. About.com's fashion site also offers some tips and photos on how to wear ankle boots. And here is a video from About.com. And another!

Last but not least, here are some tips directly from Stella Kae, former About.com guide:


There is a right way to wear these for every figure type.

 If you are:

Tall & Slender - You look best pairing ankle boots with leggings or skintight denim.
Petite - You look best pairing ankle boots with bubble skirts or cuffed shorts and fitted tops, ala Ashlee Simpson.
Tall & Curvy - Layering long tunics and footless tights with ankle boots is your best bet.
Plus Size - Wear your ankle boots with a funky, a-line dress and opaque tights for the most flattering results.

When I t my new boots, I received disapproving looks from my girls: "They don't look like you." So true! They are not consistent with my usual look--more edgy and trendy. I told them I am updating my style, and that they will have to get used to them on me. We shall see!

No comments: