Wednesday, August 15, 2012

State Street and Beyond

Photo Credit: European Market and Deli website


Last week I attended a course on email marketing. Although the speaker was great and provided a great deal of useful information, I found myself getting restless. So I ducked out early and did some window shopping. What follows are some highlights.

American Eagle Outfitters: Sure, the loud techno music drove me nearly out of my mind. But the clothing was cute and the store carries some basics for women over 18, such as T-shirts, camisoles, and jeans.

Ooh La La: I wondered if Santa Barbara could support two French-themed consignment stores, on the same block! This store is tiny but I saw some great, well-priced tops and some cool evening wear as well. Like all consignment stores, you need to go often to have success.

Next I headed toward Goleta and went to the following places:

Folio: This place does a lot more than print cards and stationery. It carries some wonderful, locally made items such as beautiful silk clutches. Whenever I need a gift for someone, Folio is one of the first places I go.

European Deli and Market: Okay, this is not a clothing or accessories store, but shopping here was the high point of my day. I got a kick of wandering the aisles, discovering unusual jarred vegetables, spices, breads, sauces, yogurts. . . the inventory is endless. If you find yourself in this area one day, hungry, be sure to have a sandwich, rolled up into lavosh. Delicious! And if you want to bring some out of the ordinary appetizers to a party, get some Eastern European salami, cheese, and condiments here.

No comments: