Friday, August 17, 2012

Men's Style


Photo Credit: American Eagle Outfitters

I got a call this week from a friend, asking if I could help her son and husband with their wardrobes. I love a challenge and said yes immediately. Unless a man is truly interested in fashion,  he shops with disinterest and dresses pretty conservatively. Not so my friend's son. He is a musician and thinks deeply about what look he wants to project. He just needs some help in finding what styles suit him best and how to put outfits together. His dad is in a position many men find themselves in: he works in a setting  somewhere between traditional and informal, and wants to break out of his khakis and basic shirt rut. 

My strategy is to send them my questionnaire, the answers of which will let me know what styles they like, if they admire any one's look, and what their lifestyles involve. I will also suggest some websites for them to peruse and will ask them to send me links to looks that appeal to them. Finally I will look at their wardrobes, have them try on certain pieces, put some outfits together, and makes suggestions about some garments that will make their wardrobe complete, where to shop, and what to do when they get stuck. I am looking forward to our time together! If you know a man who can use some Wardrobe Wisdom, please send him my way. Or nudge him to give me a call.


1 comment:

HeatherM said...

Well put! My boys can't wait.