Thursday, May 24, 2012

Off to Paris

My daughters and I in Paris, 2010


I leave for Paris in 6 days and cannot wait! For a week I will visit my cousins there, and a good friend from Greece will join me. For the second week,  my super fun cousin Gina will join me, along with her close French friend. For the past few months, I have dreamt of little else.

Of course I have given a great deal of thought about packing. I tend to be a light packer and this trip is no exception. For the most part, I will be walking a lot, sightseeing, going out to eat, and shopping. Therefore, my outfits need to be practical and comfortable but also chic since it is Paris after all. On the plane I am wearing leggings, a long sleeve knit top with a silk tunic over it, ballet flats, and my trench coat.

In my suitcase will be jeans, a black silk top and a white one (they will dry in a snap), two black knit tops,  two gray knit tops, a long sleeve navy blouse and a long sleeve navy and white blouse (silk again). I am also packing a simple black knit dress, a black skirt, dark brown sandals, gray comfy flats, a gray cardigan, a silver belt, a dark brown cinch belt,  a magenta pashmina, and a magenta printed silk scarf. I may bring a simple black jacket , too. All the separates coordinate well. There should be plenty of room left in my bag for any purchases I will be obliged to make in the name of Wardrobe Wisdom research.

I am hoping to check in on my blog and my Wardrobe Wisdom Facebook page during my trip. I hope you check in with me, too!


No comments: