Thursday, May 3, 2012

"Nice Stuff, but Not for Me"



What an educational post on personal style from Jesse Thorn of Put This On. He says, "One of the most important skills you can learn as you develop your own sense of style is how to judge whether something fits you."


I know this sounds basic: we should all know when clothing suits us or not. However, Wardrobe Wisdom teaches me that developing one's style can be a life long endeavor. And since our lives change over the years, our style sometimes evolves as well.  


Of all people, I should be well aware of my own style. However, I was seduced by the beautiful craftsmanship and quirky style of a black and white checked dress. $75 later I have something that fits me okay (my first clue that it was not for me) and does not suit me. I am more of a flower print person than a gingham person.  I should know better! In any event, I highly recommend you read Jesse Thorn's post. I wish I had read it yesterday!

No comments: