Friday, January 6, 2012

A Reliable Shopping Friend




What a treat to have day with Stacy, my closest friend. We spent a good deal of it shopping, and Stacy found some cute things. I served as her wardrobe consultant, giving her feedback on what she brought into the dressing room. As we were leaving the final store, I spotted a terrific-looking black dress. Upon closer inspection, I determined the dress was quite perfect: it was knit (comfortable), ruched at the sides (flattering and forgiving), had elbow-length sleeves (which would hide one of my least favorite body parts, my upper arms), and had a lovely scoop neck (again, flattering). But it was black! I have a number of black dresses already.

Stacy, however, told me I had to try it on. That way I would learn if it truly were perfect and could consider whether or not to purchase it; or I would see that it did not suit me at all. The former was true and Stacy insisted I buy it. Her reasons were straight from Wardrobe Wisdom: the fit was fantastic; the style was timeless; it could be dressed up or down; it could be worn day or night; and it was versatile, appropriate with with sandals in the summer and in winter with boots.

So I bought it and have no regrets. If I had been with a less compatible shopping partner, she may have steered me away from the dress or told me it didn't seem that special. Thanks, Stacy.

The house pictured is in Newport Beach. Stacy's parents sold it to my parents and I lived there from age 5-18. I am so glad the new owners left it as is!

1 comment:

Lisa A. said...

So I want to see a picture of you in the perfect black dress!