Wednesday, December 28, 2011

One Woman Defines "Style"

I like to learn what fashion writers and clothing designers see as the difference between style and fashion. They describe fashion as the clothing and accessories rolled out each season. Style is different. Style is what people do with fashion to make it their own. You can have terrific style on a budget and spend a lot on dressing horribly.

Novelist Carol Edgarian states: "Style says, 'This is who I am--this is my signature, my voice, my scent, my colors, the cut I like best. This is me, good as I am.'"

Personal style evolves over time--at least it should. Do you think about your style? Or do you think about wanting to find a style that is right for you? Ultimately, when a person has found her style, and is mindful of it each day, getting dressed for any occasion and shopping become a pleasure and a snap. With Wardrobe Wisdom, I help women identify their style, and make their closet reflect their best selves.

No comments: