Friday, November 18, 2011

Santa Barbara Shopping--4




Yesterday I met a good friend for lunch at Scarlet Begonia in Santa Barbara. YUM! Then we strolled around Victoria Court, stopping in wonderful consignment store Lola, and a terrific store called Punch. If you are in search of something new and reasonably priced to add spice to your holiday wardrobe, head to Punch.

When my cousin was here from Germany over the summer, I could not wait to take her to Punch. I knew that its funky vibe, mix of vintage and new, and cool decor would be right up her alley. Was I ever right! We must have spent over an hour in that store. Punch is filled with cool little trinkets, that would make splendid, original gifts. Gina purchased some funny vintage-inspired magnets and a big, white cocktail ring. I tried on a lovely Nanette Lepore blouse and some great hats.

This week the store was decked out for Christmas, with glittery ornaments from the 1950s onward, and a pink feather Christmas tree. What I was focused on, though, were the number of sparkly, beautiful brooches, necklaces, earrings, and bracelets that would add some festivity to a holiday outfit. I also noticed all the chic sequined tops, skirts, blouses, and little purses. There were some darling little velvet caplets and a bolero as well. None of these items were expensive, and each would add the perfect, unique touch to an outfit.

So head into Punch and prepare to be dazzled! (And grab a bite at Scarlet Begonia, too.) And, in case you were wondering, neither place has paid me for my endorsement.


No comments: