Monday, December 27, 2010

Makeup


I firmly believe that women learn how to wear makeup by the time they are 15. As I have stated before, I grew up in a beach community where my friends and I went clean-faced throughout our high school years.


Therefore, my learning curve in terms of cosmetics has been pretty steep over the years. After receiving more than one department store makeover that left me feeling like a prostitute, I have finally learned what colors and kind of makeup look best on me. Finally, at age 45 I know where to buy my cosmetics and where I can get reliable advice. Phew!

What I have yet to learn, however, is a brilliant way to store my makeup. The picture above is what I do now. It works okay and is not an eyesore, but I keep thinking there must be a better way. So I have been surveying my friends as well as my clients, and guess what? They are also challenged by how to keep their makeup accessible and neat. Several confessed to rooting around in a makeup pouch (usually a "gift with purchase") that can be very frustrating when they are rushing to get ready. I am curious: How do you store your makeup and makeup brushes and applicators?

No comments: