Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Flat Bottom




My oldest daughter can be counted on to provide a choice word or two when I am getting dressed. She recently informed me that I had a "flat bottom." Ah, gravity. I know there are worse things, but her comment didn't really make my day. It did, however, cause me to re-evaluate my pant collection, with an eye toward keeping only those which gave me a good-looking backside.

When I work with my Santa Barbara Wardrobe Wisdom clients, I stress the importance of looking at yourself from every angle when you are shopping and before you leave your house.

It seems that Levi's are taking all parts of a women's body into consideration with their newest styles. According to a piece I read in September's InStyle magazine, "With Levi's new Curve ID pairs, you can choose a style that is 'slight' (if you have a flatter, more boyish behind [like me!]), 'demi' (more curves behind), or 'bold' (for those with wider hips and a smaller waist." I am eager to try on Levi's new skinny, straight, and boot cuts. I only need to decide whether or not to bring my daughter along.

No comments: