Monday, August 23, 2010

Shopping in SLO

Last weekend I fled my chaotic, flooded house and visited my great friend Heather in San Luis Obispo. After eating at the magnificent and unusual Granada Bistro, we shopped. By far my favorite boutique was Trio. The owner makes her own pretty jewelry and designs wonderful clothing as well. Trio carries other lines of clothing and some truly beautiful wedding and baby gifts.

Here is what I look for in a small boutique:
Excellent, personal customer service--no pushy salespeople;
A relaxed, friendly environment;
Fair prices; and
Unique clothing and accessories

Trio possesses all of these qualities, and I hope to return before too long. It's important to support small businesses which are making a go of it during these challenging economic times.

No comments: