Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Regrets




You know when you are traveling, and you see something you like but you think, "Oh, I will see other things. I don't want to haul that purchase around in case I find something I like better"? Then you keep dwelling on that item you did not buy, having found nothing that could even come close. You vow to not make that delayed purchasing mistake again when you travel. But you slip up!

This is precisely what happend to me in Paris. On our fourth day I came across what is quite possibly the most perfect store I have ever entered. It was small but not cramped, well-organized, sold beautiful clothing and accessoreis for fair prices, and the saleswomen were helpful and friendly. My family would say I spent hours in there while they ate ice cream and drooled over the cheese shop next door. However, I think I was quite speedy, leaving the store with a stellar pair of jeans and fabulous belt. Still, why did I not purchase a purse? Every bag was made of soft, pebbled leather (my favorite kind as it hides all sorts of scratches and stains). I figured I would see other terrific bags during our trip, but alas, I did not.

The moral of the story is (again): When you see something you LOVE at home or during your travels, and it is in your budget, buy it!

No comments: