Monday, February 22, 2016

Sometimes Inspiration Strikes. . .

 
Image credit: sparkonit.com

and sometimes it does not. In the past two weeks, I have not written a blog post and have been trying to figure out why I feel so uninspired. Have I not been in stores enough recently? Am I tired of my own wardrobe? Why haven't the magazine articles, newspaper fashion columns, and other bloggers posts not sparked an idea for a post? What is my problem?

When I look back on recent weeks, I see that my days have been very full and quite stressful. Focusing on clothing and fashion and developing thoughtful insights into them takes energy, and I simply have not had it. I realize that my eyes have zoomed in on particular tasks and have not noticed what people are wearing around me, something I normally do all the time. When I have picked up something to read about fashion, I've ended up skimming it quickly instead of folding corners of pages over, highlighting words I like, and tearing out pictures that strike my fancy. In short, my mind has been full of too many other things to add Wardrobe Wisdom to it.

However, it's a new week.  My life has slowed down a bit and I'm breathing more easily. I am ready to be conscious of what people are wearing around me and can keep my mind on what I am reading. Moreover, I feel giddy about checking out what is new in Santa Barbara's stores this week and will be doing some serious people watching. Look out!



No comments: